Our team of experienced surveyors can provide you with knowledge of badger ecology and practical experience of searching for badgers in the field. Classroom theory sessions will cover habitat preferences, the badger lifecycle and year, legislation, and types of field signs that you will survey for. Fieldwork sessions will introduce you to survey methodology, identifying badger signs in the field, identifying other mammal signs, and camera trapping.
• Understanding the ecology and habitat requirements of badgers.
• Understanding the legislation protecting badgers in the UK.
• The Mitigation Licence process and an introduction to completing badger closure applications.
• Identifying badger setts, foraging signs, latrines, footprints, and badger hairs.
• Placement of camera traps.
• Planning bait marking surveys for identifying territorial boundaries.
Venue: Abrehart Ecology Ltd, Bridge Farm, Friday Street, Brandeston, Suffolk, IP13 7BP.