A course designed for graduates or budding ecological consultants to gain valuable experience planning and carrying out successful habitat assessments required as part of planning applications. The course will be led by consultants who are experienced in surveying a wide range of habitats and have helped clients progress through the planning process. You will gain an overview of wildlife legislation, habitat identification, and how to identify the need for surveys for protected species. We will also cover how to prepare a report fit for planning applications and how to make the habitat map.
• Understanding habitat identification and mapping according to JNCC Guidelines.
• Understanding the legislation protecting wildlife in the UK.
• Successfully planning a PEA.
• Identifying habitat suitable for protected species and when to recommend further surveys.
• Identifying common and widespread species, sex, and life stage, during surveys.
Venue: Abrehart Ecology Ltd, Bridge Farm, Friday Street, Brandeston, Suffolk, IP13 7BP.